Since we moved in last March we knew we had to redo the boys bathroom. The vanities were not screwed to the wall and oddly placed in the room, then each had frame less mirrors just sitting on top of the vanities (which we moved to the attic the day we moved in).
This April my parents were remodeling the whole upstairs at their house and were getting rid the bathroom vanities. We measured the room and picked the vanities that we wanted. We are so grateful for them giving us the old vanities that really saved us a lot of money.
Next we hired a handy man to close up the plumbing on one wall and patch up the wall. To add plumbing to the other wall. Also to put in two electrical boxes above the vanities and to move the plug on that wall to the center on the vanity.
The new vanity top got installed and then Grady and Keith installed the new faucets. We decided to get towel hooks instead of towel bars in hopes that the towels will get hung up instead of dropped on the floor.
In June we finally hung the mirrors in boys bathroom. Keith also put in base moulding.
Then Keith made the frames with moulding before the we glued then to the wall. We used legos as spacers while the glue was drying.
One of the final touches was using valve handles as the hand towel holder (found this on pinterest).
We are very happy with the way the boys bathroom turned out. It is more functional now with a lot more storage. The boys have also being taking more showers.
It looks so good, Kat! I love it. The bathroom before just looked like a huge closet with a toilet in it. ;)
ReplyDeleteI like the valve idea - very "boy-ish."
Thanks!! We really like it too, and proud that we did most of the work ourself.
DeleteLove the room, especially the stripe!! So fun and fresh! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteWhat a tremendous difference- it looks amazing, so glad you posted the story!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristen, I am glad you got see it too. All we have to do to finish upstairs (since it was clearly not done when we bought it) is paint all the moulding and doors (since they seem to have just been primed).
DeleteWow!!! This is awesome. Would you guys like to come to Virginia and remodel our bathrooms???
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am not sure how much we could really help, but we did have fun doing it and learning :)
DeleteI would have to agree that this looks amazing! It was quite the awkward space before and now it is just perfect! I also love the valves. I may borrow that idea for curtain tie backs in Trey's room if I end up wanting to use some.... Too cute!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the idea of using the valves for tie backs! I wish I would have found some vintage valves but I really wanted to get it done quickly
DeleteI found some at hobby lobby but the real ones at the lowes/home depot type stores are just as good an I figure I can always paint them if needed...
DeleteWow, it looks amazing Katherine! Great work :)
ReplyDelete