We have been making waffles with the recipe for a while but tonight when I went to make them and realized I was out of oil. After checking my handy Chobani conversion chart I decided to try it will plain greek yogurt. They were as great as always but now they have added protein and no oil. So I had to share them, I hope you enjoy!!
The Greatest Waffle
Recipe Ever
(~ 5 waffles)
1 3/4 cups
all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon
baking powder
1/4 teaspoon
salt
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups
milk
1/2 cup
canola oil (¼ heaping cup plain
greek yogurt)
2 egg
whites
Procedures
1. In
a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well
in the center.
2. In
another bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Stir in milk and oil.
3. Add
egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened
(should be lumpy).
4. In
a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
5. Gently
fold egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg
white, Do not overmix.
6. Spoon
1 cup+ waffle batter into your waffle iron, making sure not to overfill
it.
7. 2min
45sec.
8. Serve
with real maple syrup and unsalted butter.
Adapted from
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/02/sunday-brunch-the-greatest-waffle-recipe-ever.html © Serious
Eats
No comments:
Post a Comment