Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October Cookbook Club



This month's Cookbook Club was a Paul Deen cookbook.  The recipe was Chicken and Rice Casserole.  

I was a little worried about some of the ingredients, because I do not like the taste of CANNED green beans and I was not sure what pimentos were.  But I googled pimentos and found out they are just large chili peppers and figured I could use fresh or frozen green beans.

It was a REALLY easy recipe to make.  I could not find green beans at the produce stand so got frozen green beans.  The recipe called for two 14oz cans I just measured out four cups of frozen greens heated them up then mixed them with everything else.  

Keith, Reece and I all really liked the casserole.  But Grady has become very picky since he turned 3 so he did not eat it.  But we will be having this again so hopefully Grady will try it next time :) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! (Sorry that Grady didn't...). Here I thought pimentos were olives (don't some olives have pimentos in them?). Maybe I should have googled it too. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what i thought too... yes some olive have the pimentos in them.

    ReplyDelete