Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow ... in Louisiana??


Keith woke me up at 5:40am to let me know that it was snowing.  So I took some pictures and thought it would all be melted by the time the sun came out.  I uploaded the pictures and went back to bed then my brother called me to let me know it was snowing in Hammond and Mandeville.  Then I tried to go back to sleep again and my mom called me.  So I got up while I was talking to her and there was so much more snow I could not believe it.

It really snowed here today... We had about 2 -4 in of snow.  They said the last time it snowed like this in Baton Rouge was 1988.  

So I got dressed and went and woke up Grady at 7:30am so we could go play in the snow.  We went out to the front yard first, but Grady would not get off the driveway and right before we were headed to the back yard Grady fell on his belly into the slushy snow.  I had to then get him a different pair of gloves (since we don't need water proof gloves here in LA) and we went to the back yard.  

We let Winston out and he loved the snow.. but really had a hard time figuring out where to go to the bathroom.  Grady mostly just stayed on the patio.  I had him walk out in the yard with me and then he was DONE!!

East Baton Rouge Parish schools are closed today, and both bridges going across the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge are closed because of icy conditions.

We were planning on going to get Grady's picture with Santa today, but it looks like we will have to stay home and play.  


2 comments:

  1. That is craziness. Not since 1988 huh? It waits 20 years - for Steph to move to Maryland - until it snows again. ;)

    Have fun! Get Grady to enjoy it while he can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they closed the bridges! Nice look on Grady's face! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete