Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY Magnet Board

This summer after we moved into the new house I found this blog post about making your own Magnet Board and knew it would be prefect for the playroom.  

I did a couple things different.... First off I found a 24x36 open frame at hobby lobby that was on clearance from $70 to $7.  Then the first time we looked for the sheet metal at the hardware store we could not find it.  Then we were there getting the dryer ducts for the boys robot costumes we found the sheet metal by the ac and heaters pipes.  It was $10 for a 24x36 sheet.  We also got a sheet of thin plywood and Liquid Nail.  

We cut the plywood to 24x36 and applied the Liquid Nail to the plywood then put the sheet metal on top.   After the Liquid Nail dried for a little bit we put Liquid Nail on the lip of the open frame and then placed the sheet metal with plywood attached into the frame and let it dry over night.

 I love the way the magnet board turned out and the boys have enjoyed playing on it.  As soon as Grady got home he had to sort all the letters by color.  


1 comment:

  1. It came out looking really good, Kat! I love getting those super discounted frames from Michaels/Hobby Lobby. :)

    ReplyDelete