We already had a ton of underwear from Grady but we still let Reece go pick out a pack at the store yesterday, he picked Cars2. I also stocked up on high fiber food and juice.
Grady was so excited to "help" potty train Reece that he woke him up at 6:40am. After I shower and got ready, I let Reece pick up the underwear he wanted to wear. Reece was so excited and proud to be wearing big boy underwear. The 3 Day Potty Training method tells you to stay right by your child for the 3 days to make sure to catch them in the act and run them to the potty. With this method you do not put them on the potty every 15mins you just remind them ALL day to tell mommy when you need to go potty.
Reece did GREAT. He had 3 accidents, 6 wet underwear (3 were just a little wet, he stopped himself) and 4 pee pee's in the potty. Grady was huge help and so supportive for Reece. After Reece pee pee'd the first time Grady told Reece "Ok Reece that was the first level now the next level is harder that is pooping on the potty."
The book also recommends not EVER using pullups not even at nap/night well we tried that for a LONG/WET month with Grady and then started using pullups at nap and night. I put "nighttime underwear" (what we call a pullups in our house) on Reece for nap and he kept it dry.
Reece did not poop today but I really think he needed too he tried to go a ton of times tonight and was holding his bottom. We will see if he goes tonight in his "nighttime underwear."
Pray for us to have another wonderful potty training day tomorrow as we did today.
Way to go Reece! I am so glad you have such a great helper with Grady. I know he must be proud of his little bro! :)
ReplyDeleteHahahaha I love the "levels" of potty training. That's epic. Grady is such a great big bro. Way to go Reece!
ReplyDelete