Grady just had a hoarse voice and woke up Tuesday saying his belly hurt. I remembered when he had that stomach bug at the beginning of this school year they checked him for strep throat. So we went to the doctor and she said his throat was just a little red but checked him for strep and he had it. I am so glad we caught it early but that means we have been HIGH energy at the house for past two days. He can go back to school tomorrow.
So today at 9:30 we were all dressed, had eaten breakfast, cleaned the bathrooms, watched a show, watched home movies, colored, folded towels, and colored so more.
So then I decided to make Candy Cane Playdough my friend Kristy posted on Pinterest the other day. The recipe in the link is the same kind I love to use when I make playdough... but I made two single "servings" one white and one red.
single "servings" Playclay Recipe
1 cups water
1/2 cups salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 to 2 teaspoons food coloring
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cups flour
Mix water, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring. Cook on low heat, stirring regularly. As the mixture heats up, stir in oil, then flour. Stir until playdough pulls away from pan and is no longer sticky. Dump dough on counter, let cool a bit, then knead.
Reece kept cutting off pieces and offering "cookies" to me. (His hand is red from marker not the playdough)
"Look Mom papa"... he was trying to say pasta.
At lunch we talked about gift ideas the boys could buy Dad, then after lunch went to buy it. Now we just have to see if Grady can keep a secret from Dad till Christmas. :)
i'm assuming the colorful forehead tattoos are from markers, too, right? =)
ReplyDeleteso cute and thanks for the recipe! we'll be sure to use it. GREAT TRAYS too! where did you find them?
yes, Grady put the ones on Reece's forehead after Reece wrote on his arm. Oh siblings :)
ReplyDeleteI got the trays from a teacher I student taught for...