Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Well-visit ... did not go so WELL

Oh my that was a REALLY bad trip to the Dr Office.  I put Reece down for a nap around 11:30 and still had to wake him up so we could make it to our 1:40 appt.  


After a whirlwind of weighing and measuring both kids.  And Grady getting his blood pressure taken for the 1st time.


We got settled in the examining Grady started spinning around and around moving all around me and Reece, making a REALLY loud noise.   He told me he was a car wash.  Well it was a REALLY loud car wash so I keep having to tell him to be a quiter car wash.  Then after waiting in there for about 10min Grady starts telling me he has to pee.  I am thinking the Dr will be in there in any second so ask him to hold it.  Then after a minute or 2 of still waiting he asks to go again.  I tell him we will go right after we talk to the Dr.  


Once the Dr finally gets in there, Grady is spinning around and yelling and Reece is just talking away in my ear, I can barely hear the Dr.  Grady asks to go to the bathroom 2 more times while going over his 3year developments... finally Dr. Hart says she will examine Grady and then I can take him to the bathroom while she examines Reece.  
Then while we are waiting around for Grady's chicken pox shot, Grady tries to hug me and Reece and bumps heads with Reece.  Well Reece FLIPS out and will not stop crying.  The nurse comes in to give Grady's shot and Reece is still crying she had to go another nurse to hold Grady down.  Then Grady FLIPPED out after his shot... both the boys are CRYING.  Grady is limping and crying as we walk back to the car.  But once he got his lollypop open he was better.  
But one nice thing is they both passed out on the way home and we only live 5mins away from the Dr office.   He is still sleeping with the lollypop, I can not get it out of his mouth.  I have tried 5 times already but I really don't want to wake him up.  

5 comments:

  1. Oy! You're making me nervous! I'm thinking about combining Brookston's 3 year and Kaisley's 15 month appointment! Hmmmm!

    Question, is this Grady's 1st or 2nd round of the chicken pox vaccine? I just looked and B got his at 15 months, but not again til 4-6 years! Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I do not think i am combining there appts again.... to much to talk about and it just took to long. So i feel like we missed a lot for Grady he is never at the Dr and we had to cut it short to go pee.

    This is a 4 year chicken pox... b/c you can do it now and 3 shots at 4 or do all 4 shots at 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good point...I just may reconsider doing them together...first I was thinking, well, Kaisley will have to come to Brookston's anyway, so why not. But, like you said, their one appointment a year, you don't want to really rush through.

    Hmmmm, I wonder if we'll be offered chicken pox!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes....that is SO HARD!

    Smart about the cp shot early. Getting four at a time was not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! That doesn't sound pleasant. Well, you live and you learn, right?

    If only all of life's problems could be solved with a lollipop... ;)

    ReplyDelete