Reece became very good on his Balance Bike in the last month or so.
He has been kind of nervous when we have had him try the pedal bike without training wheels even though he was doing a great job.
But this week something clicked and he started to ride. Yesterday I had to help him get started and run with him.
Pedal bike from Katherine Hoffman on Vimeo.
Then today he just got on his bike and started to go.
(I promise he has different clothes on, he has been wanting to wear orange shirts most days)
(I promise he has different clothes on, he has been wanting to wear orange shirts most days)
Reece Day 2 from Katherine Hoffman on Vimeo.
Reece Day 2 from Katherine Hoffman on Vimeo.
Here is the link to blog post when Grady started to ride a Pedal Bike.
Grady started to ride at 3years 7months old and Reece is 3years 5months old.
Grady started to ride at 3years 7months old and Reece is 3years 5months old.
We are so proud of you Reece!!
Katherine, you are totally Ellen Marino. Hands down. The boy JUST learns how to ride a bike and you say, "let me see you turn a corner."
ReplyDeleteIt's like when I called mom in college and said I got a 99 on my bio exam and she said, "why not 100?"
:) Love it. Way to go Reece. Super proud of you.
I am laughing so hard at steph's comment above! :) I've never heard of a balance bike but obviously they work! We may need to borrow that in a couple years! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteYes you can start using a balance bike around 2 years old.
DeleteAnd I'm also laughing at you- "ooohh tricky!"
ReplyDeleteI thought your Mom was talking in the video! That is so awesome Reece. Congratulations ! I love how having your tongue out makes it easier to concentrate! So many people don't know about balance bikes. I'm trying to educate the world (at least my little piece of it) from your experiences. :)
ReplyDeleteThey are really cool, it is crazy that most don't know about them.
DeleteThank you for describing what the heck a balance bike is..http://balancebikeshq.com/
ReplyDelete