Last week I read a post on a blog a read regularly that she was going to take a trip on the minivan express. After reading about it I knew I wanted to do it.
Friday after we went to Santa at Bass Pro we watched The Polar Express movie (we wanted to watch it again since we did not think Reece remembered it from last year). The rest of the night continued as normal Keith started the boys bath and I hid golden tickets for the Polar Express on their beds. I packed the car with hot chocolate, popcorn (I bought a popcorn tin so we could enjoy a couple favors) and got the christmas music ready.
As the boys were putting on their pajamas they found their tickets. We told them to put on their sippers and get in the car, they were so excited.
Then we drove around Central looking at Christmas lights.
We all had a wonderful time riding around in the "Polar Express." The boys loved having hot chocolate in the car and kept making sure they did not lose their golden tickets (a girl in the movie loses her ticket). I think this might be a New Christmas Tradition.
We drove by this house I found on WBRZ lights before christmas, our local news features big light displays around town.
What a wonderful tradition!!!!! I got excited just reading about it. Maybe Uncle Karl will take me for a ride on the SUV Express or Pick-Up Truck Express! You are such a fun Mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks... Dont forget the hot chocolate :)
DeleteKat, you're the cutest mom ever. :) I love this.
ReplyDeletethanks :)
DeleteHow cool! You are so creative with your boys!! I love reading all your blogs!
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Delete