Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Lemon-Blueberry Muffins


We have been blueberry picking EVERY week since the blueberry farm near our house opened for the season.  So I have been trying recipes with blueberries.  This one was good, but I don't think I used enough lemon rind because I would have liked a stronger lemon flavor. 

Lemon-Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients
         2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
         1/2 cup sugar
         2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
         1/2 teaspoon salt
         1 (8-ounce) container lemon yogurt
         1/2 cup vegetable oil
         2 large eggs
         1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
         1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen blueberries unthawed*
         3 tablespoons sugar
         1 tablespoon cold butter or margarine

Preparation
Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.

Stir together yogurt and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Toss together 2 tablespoons flour and raspberries; fold into batter. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.

Combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Spoon evenly over batter in muffin pans.

Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.

* Raspberries may be substituted for blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment