1. Floating
We got our float back from our niece Audrey (we let her borrow it last year, since we were not using it). Reece LOVED floating around the pool on Saturday and it was nice to have our hands free to play with Grady. On another note Grady does not like to float on his back, he goes crazy when we or his swim teacher tries to get him to do it.
2. Fishing
Grady and Keith went fishing this weekend in our "lake" behind our house. Grady does a pretty good job casting, but still not ready for a hook because it ended up around Grady and Keith's legs a number of times (right now he has a fake worm on the end). Alligator update: They caught the small gator he was 5' 7". Still trying to get the big one :)
3. Making Cake
Grady helped me make a Chocolate Layer Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting for Keith's Birthday on Tuesday. Keith wanted a chocolate cake so I looked up recipes and found this one. Then when I got ready to make the frosting I saw that I had to make a custard (which I have never done before), at one point I thought I had started scrabbling the eggs. Then you have to let the custard cool for 45mins, melt chocolate and let that cool.... oh my!! The cake is great but very time consuming especially with a 3 year old "helping."
4. Keith's 31st Birthday
Grady helped me wrap Keith's gift, make the cake and decorate the house. We had a wonderful dinner but Grady would not eat a bite so he cried while we were singing Happy Birthday because he knew he was not getting any cake.
5. Reece scooting backwards
Reece has started scooting backwards. I don't think he does it intentionally yet but he is really starting to move around.
6. Show-off Day for Swimming Lessons
On Thursday Grady had his Show-off Day for his second session of swimming lessons, Keith came to watch this time. Grady did great, he can swim farther now and this time the teacher also dropped them in the pool and they had to turn around and swimming back to the ledge. After showing off we went to Gatti's Pizza with some friends that were taking swimming lessons at the same time. We are so proud of you Grady, we are swimming great now it is hard to believe that 4 weeks ago you were using arm floats.
7. Blueberry Farm
Today we went to a Blueberry Farm to pick blueberries with some of our friends. It was a lot of fun, none of the blueberries Grady picked made it into the bucket he ate them all. It was REALLY hot out today (heat index of 105 degrees) and it is only June. We had lunch at friend's house that lives close to the farm and then Grady & I got a DQ Blizzard on the way home (YUM!! I wish we had a Dairy Queen in Baton Rouge).

No comments:
Post a Comment