Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From Gold to Bronze!

I found this on pinterest.... and knew I had to try it since every door knob in our house is gold.

Changing our GOLD door knobs to Bronze

One can of  Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Spray Paint, Oil-Rubbed Bronze cost $8 from Home Depot painted door knobs, hinges and strike plate for 5 doors.

Grady & Reece helped use the drill to remove screws from the hinges.  Grady prepped the screws for painting.

We are loving the results and you can not beat the price.  You have to do the same amount of work if you were replacing the knobs but this way you have a little waiting/drying time.  The can of paint says it is fully dry in 24 hours and can handle in 1 hour.  We rehung the doors after 5 hours but did not shut them till 24 hours, but I did wait 24 hours to reinstall the door knobs.

We painted 5 doors this weekend.  We have 9 more doors to paint downstairs and trying to decided what to do upstairs since 3 of the 7 door knobs are silver.  I am off to Home Depot to buy more spray paint :) 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Kat. They look 100 times better. Isn't it funny how tastes can change? I bet 15-20 years ago, everyone really wanted gold door knobs. :P

    ReplyDelete